Unfortunately, due to the recent Coronavirus (Covid19) situation in the UK and globally, the organisers, Manchester Village Spartans RUFC have decided to currently postpone the event which was originally scheduled for 6th June 2020.
As the situation develops over the coming weeks we shall review and assess whether the event shall proceed at some point during summer 2020.
When the event is reconfirmed, players aged 18yrs+, of ANY touch rugby ability (from total novice to experienced nationals players) will be able to register to play for the early bird price of just £15pp.
Details about when the event will be rescheduled to and when Early Bird Tickets are released again for sale and until shall be announced in due time later in the season.
Last year, we had players from across the North of England including Inclusive Rugby Clubs, The Lancashire Typhoons and The Sheffield Vulcans and friends and allies from lots of other 02 Touch teams all over the Northwest.
Until then, we thank you for your interest and ask that should you have any questions to please email firstname.lastname@example.org and to keep your eyes peeled for updates or confirmation of any new date that we schedule.
Yours in rugby,
Manchester Village Spartans RUFC – Touch Team.
The easiest way to think of a Summer Touch Rugby Draft Tournament is that it’s like fantasy football (or rather, fantasy touch rugby) except that it’s played out for real with real players at a real-life event!
If that still doesn’t mean anything to you, it works like this……
WHEN SIGNING UP
- During the sign up process, we ask for some basic info about the amount of Touch Rugby experience you (and any other attendees you’re buying tickets for) have
- Different levels of experience ‘earn’ the player different amounts of ‘points’
BEFORE THE DAY
- Once everyone is signed up, the basic player info is given to a number of ‘Captains’ to select Touch Rugby teams for the day
- Captains don’t get your name on the info provided when selecting players – so they can’t just choose people they may know. The Touch Rugby player info they receive is anonymised so the competition stays competitive, fair and a great new sociable way to play
- Each Team Captain is given a certain amount of ‘points’ to spend on touch players, the more experienced a player, the more ‘points’ and therefore ‘expensive’ they are
- This means that Captains have to balance their teams to try to build the most competitive squad that they can whilst ensuring that experience levels are divided across teams
- If we have several people coming from one team we will try to keep a couple of you together but the idea of the draft is for everyone to get mixed up, stuck in and play with in exciting, new teams for the day!
ON THE DAY
- Players have some time in the morning to get to know their new team for the day and have a warm-up practice together
- The tournament uses group stages, followed by knockout rounds, to decide on final positions and the Cup, Bowl and Plate winners
- The number of matches played and length of matches is finalised in advance of the event date on the 6th June and seeks to maximise game time whilst not exhausting everyone for their finals!
- Lunch is provided on the day – We provided Gluten Free and Vegan options as long people indicate their dietary needs in the ‘Additional Information’ box when purchasing tickets.
- Medical and physio cover will be available on site, on the day
- Paid refereeing staff are also on site during the competition
Volunteers from the Village Spartans helped lead the England Rugby and O2 Touch Summer Pride Tour 2019 which encouraged players from all around England – of all shapes, sizes, sexualities and genders – to give O2 Touch a try.
We hope to welcome lots of these new players and our friends and tour volunteers from other IGR Inclusive Touch Rubgy Clubs to our home ground to celebrate the campaign’s success together with new friends and allies from across the 02 Touch community.
For more info about the Summer Pride Tour visit www.inclusiverugby.com
DATE: TO BE CONFIRMED
HOSTED BY: Manchester Village Spartans
LOCATION OF EVENT:
MANCHESTER VILLAGE SPARTANS
SALE SPORTS CLUB
(M60 MOTORWAY JUNCTION 7)
CHECK-IN FROM 9.00AM (BRING TICKETS)
WARM UPS START 9:30AM
LUNCH 12 NOON
PLAYING DUE TO END 4-5PM
*Timings are approximate for guidance only. Subject to amendment on the day. We will seek to minimise delays so that the event completes at expected time.
FOR ADDITONAL LOCAITON DETAILS OR INFORMATION ABOUT THE CLUB, VISIT OUR WEBSITE AT VILLAGESPARTANS.CO.UK