TERMS & CONDITIONS OF SALE
Purchase Policy for Events
About these Terms
- These terms and conditions (“Terms”) explain the terms and conditions applicable to event booking requests made by you with Village Spartans RUFC, registered in England and Wales under company number 07032078 and having its principal business address at Sale Sports Club, Rookwood, Clarendon Crescent, Sale, Cheshire, M33 2DE (‘we’ and ‘our’).
- These terms and conditions apply to Village Spartans events (including the ‘Summer Draft Touch Rugby Event’). Different cancellation policies may apply to different types of Events, so please read these terms carefully.
- If you think there is a mistake in these terms or require any changes, please contact us to discuss.
Our contact details are:
Postal: The Club Secretary, Village Spartans RUFC, Sale Sports Club, Rookwood, Clarendon Crescent, Sale, Cheshire, M33 2DE
If we need to contact you about your booking request we will do so using the contact details submitted by you during the booking process.
Delegates attending in person events may need to demonstrate COVID-19 status prior to arrival at the event.
The Village Spartans have an online Covid Self-Assesment form which you will be provided access to in advance of the Summer Draft Touch Rugby Event should it be a requirement at the time of the event – subject to Legislation in the UK at the time and / or following best practice advice from national or local government or the Rugby Football Union.
Other ways of demonstrating Covid-19 status may include:
Showing a ‘Vaccine Passport’ on the NHS app indicating double (or more) vaccination status prior to the event
Delegates who cannot meet these criteria should contact us no later than 1 week prior to the event via email at email@example.com
We reserve the right to refuse entry to any person failing to meet these criteria and deny participation in the event.
Type of Events we offer
In these terms and conditions:
- “Summerdraft” means the 1-day touch rugby tournament for players aged 18yrs and over.
- “Event” means the event that you are making a booking request for at the time of acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- Submitting an event booking through our online event booking system does not guarantee you entry to any of our Events. We will issue an automated email confirmation of your booking request. Your place at the Event is not guaranteed until (a) payment of the Event Fee (if applicable) is received or (b) you receive an email from us confirming your place is booked. Payment of the Event Fee must be received at least seven (7) days before the Event.
- If we cannot accept your booking, we will let you know by email and refund any payment made.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that the information you provide to us during the booking process is complete and accurate.
- We reserve the right to give booking preference to those people who meet any attendance criteria for the Event. If applicable, these criteria will be on our website on the page for the Event.
- We reserve the right to request payment of a Non-Attendance Fee. The amount, if any, will be listed in the Event registration details. Where insufficient notice of cancellation is given, or none at all (see Summary of cancellation Policy), an invoice will be sent by email after the missed Event to complete payment.
- When VILLAGE SPARTANS accepts your Event booking, it is incurring costs associated with your booking. If you:
(a) Fail to attend the Event which your booking has been accepted for, or
(b) Cancel the Event with less than 14 days notice in writing to VILLAGE SPARTANS
VILLAGE SPARTANS may charge you a Non-Attendance Fee as liquidated damages. The Non-Attendance Fee represents a genuine pre-estimate of RPS’s costs and losses associated with allocating you a place at Event and is proportionate to our legitimate interests in providing training opportunities to promote the interests of the inclusive touch rugby community.
- If your attendance at an Event is not recorded, the Non-Attendance Fee invoice will be sent by email within 10 days of the Event. If you are due to pay a Non-Attendance Fee you may contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to make payment by any other method or dispute the payment.
A Non-Attendance Fee will be waived for in person events where proof of a positive COVID-19 PCR Test within 5 days of the Event date is sent to email@example.com
Payment of the Event Fee (where applicable)
- The Fee for the Event will be shown on our website on the page for the Event.
- Payment of the Fee should be made by electronic payment on our website at the time of making the booking request. If you experience difficulties with making payment, please contact our team to arrange an alternative method of payment via firstname.lastname@example.org
- Payment of the Fee must be made at least seven (7) days before the Event to guarantee you a place at the Event. If payment of the Fee is not received at least seven (7) days before the Event, we reserve the right to reject your booking and offer your place to another applicant.
- Your receipt of our invoice and/or confirmation completes our contract with you. Non-payment of invoices are subject to debt collection activity.
Deposit (where applicable)
- We reserve the right to collect a deposit at the time of your VILLAGE SPARTANS Event booking. The amount of deposit required, if any, will be listed in the Event registration details. This deposit will be released back onto the form of payment used within seven (7) days of your attending the event.
- If you do not attend the event or cancel outside the cancellation window, your deposit will not be refunded since VILLAGE SPARTANS will have incurred costs and losses associated with allocating you a place at the event. Please see the ‘Cancellation by You’ section below for full details.
- We will use reasonable endeavours to describe event content in the event descriptions on our website accurately, but these are intended only to give an approximate idea of the Event.
- We reserve the right to amend the programme of the Event or to cancel the event and any booking.
- You may, as part of an Event, be filmed or photographed and otherwise recorded. Please see our Photography Policy at www.villagespartans.co.uk/apply for more information. You may upload video or photos of the event to a video-sharing platform e.g. YouTube, Facebook and Instagram and may share the link to the video with fellow touch rugby players and friends. You agree to abide by the relevant video-sharing / social media platform’s user terms and conditions. You agree not to share any illegal, infringing, defamatory or improper content or content that in any way does not meet the standards expected by the VILLAGE SPARTANS when sharing a link during an Event.
- The VILLAGE SPARTANS does not have control over any links shared during an Event and does not accept any liability for the content being viewed.
- It is your responsibility to comply with all instructions given at the Event and to comply with all applicable laws, including health and safety laws, fire regulations and any codes of conduct or other local or national government by laws.
- If attendance at the Event makes you privy to any information which is marked, or might reasonably be understood to be, confidential, you shall not use such information for any other purpose other than participation in the Event.
- Special dietary requirements should be notified to us in writing, either following the booking process or by contacting us by email at email@example.com before the Event.
- By making a booking for the Event you consent to the personal data (as defined in the Data Protection Act 2018 as amended) submitted through our booking system being used:
For all necessary purposes for the administration of the Event including registration, attendee badges and catering;
To contact you about the Event; and
To provide lists in hard copy and electronic form to other attendees at the Event including attendee, speakers and third-party sponsors or funders of the Event.
To share your details with any other organisation involved in co-running the event or where your membership of such organisation is relevant to your eligibility for the event.
- By attending the Event, you agree that we may use, reproduce and/or publish in any way whatsoever (without any payment being due to you) any photographs and/or video/audio that may pertain to you (including your image, likeness and/or your voice) and that we may licence others to do the same. You agree that such material may be used in our publications, public releases, broadcast material and on our websites, the Inclusive Rugby website and IGRugby.org websites and all social media channels or for other related purposes. This agreement will continue until you notify us in writing that permission is withdrawn.
- Where you are attending an event, VILLAGE SPARTANS may record that event and publish that event on our website for other users to watch. Where you elect to participate in that event, you will be informed prior to participate that you are being recorded. By consenting to participate, you also agree that VILLAGE SPARTANS may use, reproduce and/or publish in any way whatsoever (without any payment being due to you) any photographs and/or video/audio that may pertain to you (including your image, likeness and/or your voice) and that we may licence others to do the same. You agree that such material may be used in our publications, public affairs releases, broadcast material and on our website, or for other related purposes. This agreement will continue in perpetuity.
Cancellation by You
- This cancellation policy applies to all Event bookings once you have received confirmation of receipt of your order including, for example, a confirmation email or an invoice. Please note that when you submit an Event booking application for an event on a specified date and time that you are not entitled to a ‘cooling off period’ under the Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013.
- Cancellation of any other VILLAGE SPARTANS event advertised as ‘Non-Refundable’. These Events are non-refundable (including online events). If you find you are not able to attend the Event after booking a place, please notify us in writing as soon as possible, via email. No refund will be made for any cancellation, (except where cancellation is necessitated by a positive COVID-19 PCR test or other mandatory government requirements to self-isolate in which case our COVID-19 refund policy will apply), and under no circumstances will we reimburse you for any expenses incurred in making arrangements to attend the Event.
- Cancellation of Village Spartans (including the Summerdraft) that are not advertised as ‘Non-Refundable’. If you find you are not able to attend the Event after booking a place, please notify us in writing as soon as possible, via email. If a friend or team mater is able to attend in your place and you notify us in writing, we are pleased to accept the substitution at no extra charge subject to such person submitting new attendee details for the Event including accepting these booking Terms and Conditions. Substitution is permitted if notified in writing up to five (7) days prior to the Event.
If you have paid an Event Fee
If we receive your written notification of cancellation up to thirty (30) days before the Event, we will refund the Fee, less a 15% administration fee.
If we receive your written notification of cancellation less than thirty (30) days but up to fourteen (14) days before the Event, we will refund 75% of the Fee (inclusive of the 15% administration fee).
No refund will be available if we receive your written notification of cancellation less than fourteen (14) days prior to the Event or if you do not notify us of cancellation but fail to attend the Event.
If you have not paid an Event Fee, and (a) we receive your written notification of cancellation less than fourteen (14) days prior to the Event or (b) you do not notify us of cancellation but fail to attend the Event, VILLAGE SPARTANS may charge you a Non-Attendance Fee to reflect our wasted costs associated with your booking and the fact we may not be able to allocate your space to another attendee.
COVID-19 related cancellation less than 14 days before the Event.
If you cancel a Booking because you have tested positive for COVID-19, VILLAGE SPARTANS will:
Offer to amend your booking to a similar future Event
Or, if there is no suitable substitute Event, refund the full Fee subject always to proof of a positive COVID-19 PCR Test dated within 10 days of the Event being forwarded to us within 14 days of such cancellation.
- No refund will be made if we do not receive and acknowledge your written notification of cancellation. Under no circumstances will we reimburse you for any expenses incurred in making arrangements to attend the Event.
Cancellation by Us
- We shall use all reasonable endeavours to provide the events described on our website, but we reserve the right to cancel or change the Event for any reason including but not limited to situations where the Event is under-subscribed, it becomes difficult for us to deliver the intended content, or for other reasons resulting from events, circumstances or causes beyond our reasonable control.
- If the Event is cancelled for reasons outside our reasonable control no refund of the Fee will be given. If the Event is cancelled for reasons within our control, such as the Event being under-subscribed, we will refund the Fee but will not be liable for any expenses incurred by you in making arrangements to attend the Event.
Limitation of Liability
- To the extent permitted by law, we exclude all conditions, warranties, representations or other terms which may apply to the description of the Event, or event bookings generally, whether express or implied.
- We will not be liable to you, or any other person making a booking or attending an Event in your place, for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with:
Cancellation, including any expenses incurred by you in arranging attendance at an Event
Loss of profits, sales, business or revenue
Loss of anticipated savings
Loss of use or corruption of software, data or information
Loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation
Any indirect or consequential loss or damage or
Loss resulting from reliance or action or failure to act based on material delivered at the Event.
- Nothing in these Terms shall limit or exclude our liability for:
Death or personal injury caused by our negligence, or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors (as applicable)
Fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation
Any matter for which it would be unlawful to exclude or restrict liability
- Subject to the other provisions in this clause, our total liability to you, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty or otherwise, arising under or in connection with these Terms shall be limited to the total fee paid by you to book the Event.
- We may transfer our rights and obligations under these Terms to another organisation.
- You need our consent to transfer your rights under these Terms to someone else.
- Unless it expressly states otherwise, these Terms do not give rise to any rights under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 to enforce any term of these Terms.
- Any written communication to us required under these Terms should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org in the first instance.
You can also contact our Team using the following details:
Telephone: 0779 386 4032
- These Terms constitutes the entire agreement between you and us and supersedes and extinguishes all previous agreement, promises, assurances, warranties, representations and understandings between you and us, whether written or oral, relating to its subject matter.
- Except as set out in these Terms, no variation of the Terms shall be effective unless it is in writing and signed by the parties.
- A waiver of any right or remedy under these Terms or by law is only effective if given in writing and shall not be deemed a waiver of any subsequent breach or default. A failure or delay by a party to exercise any right or remedy provided under these Terms of by law shall not constitute a waiver of that or any other right or remedy, nor shall it prevent or restrict any further exercise of that or any other right or remedy. No single or partial exercise of any right or remedy provided under these Terms or by law shall prevent or restrict the further exercise of that or any other right or remedy. If any provision or part-provision of these Terms is or becomes invalid, illegal or unenforceable, it shall be deemed modified to the minimum extent necessary to make it valid, legal and enforceable. If such modification is not possible, the relevant provision or part-provision shall be deemed deleted. Any modification to or deletion of a provision or part-provision under this clause shall not affect the validity and enforceability of the rest of these Terms.
- These Terms are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and you agree to accept the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts in relation to any dispute that may arise in connection with these Terms.